100 Black Men of America, Inc. is one of the fastest growing community service organizations in the United States with more than 116 chapters globally. Our national membership consists of more than 10,000 Black men who mentor to more than 100,000 youth. The 100 Black Men of Syracuse, Inc. organization believes it must have an active leadership role in helping minority youth become contributing, competitive and valued members of society.
We are “Real Men Giving Real Time.”
If you are interested in making a difference in our community and are willing to contribute your time and talents to 100 Black Men of Syracuse, Inc., we would welcome the opportunity to consider your membership application. After reviewing the membership approval process below, please complete and mail the membership application form to:
100 Black Men of Syracuse, Inc.
2610 So. Salina Street,
Syracuse, NY 13205
Membership Approval Process:
- Participation in a membership orientation session
- Submission of a completed membership application with application fee of $75 (refundable if not selected)
- Short Bio on separate sheet
- Two Letters of Recommendation from Financial Members ofthe Chapter.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from Community Members not affiliated with the Chapter
- Personal Interview with Membership Committee
- Committee Recommendation
- Board of Directors Approval
- Payment of Balance of Annual $300: dues (Balance is due within 90 days after membership is approved by the board of directors). However, members may opt to remit the balance of their dues owed in equal quarterly payments.
General meetings, which are open to the public, are held at 5:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month at the South Side Innovation Center, 2610 So. Salina in Syracuse. Board meetings, which are open to all members of the organization, are held at 5:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month at the South Side Innovation Center.